A Successful Prom for RPBHS

Sheldine Riche

On  Saturday, April 13, RPBHS seniors attended they’re annual Prom. The theme of the Prom was  “Underwater Oasis: Under the Sea”. Prom is a classical rite of passage for American teenagers. All students dress up and attend to have a good time with their friends.

Before the actual event, a walkthrough was held at Commons Park in Royal Palm Beach at 6:00 pm. At the park, students showed off their attire and cars.

“All of them looked amazing,” stated student council president, Chrisyndia Jean. “There was no dress code so the students had a chance to express themselves.”

After the walkthrough, the students headed to their venue which was at PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens at 8:00 pm. There the students were able to dance, eat and just have a good time. On the menu there was tacos, pasta, and chicken.

There was also a photobooth the students used to take pictures with their friends in.

“I went in the photobooth about 4 times with my friends,” stated former senior at RPBHS, Aaliyah Williams. “It was easy to use and had a variety of silly frames to choose from.”

Towards the end of the event, the D.J. called the Prom court up to the stage and was getting ready to announce the Prom Queen and King. The winners were Emily Rojas and  Matthew Trivega.

“When they started playing the song, I almost cried because I was so happy.” stated Prom Queen Emily Rojas.